I am currently employed as a Unity Developer at New Moon Studios in York working on a range of augmented and virtual reality applications and games.
I completed my postgraduate studies at the University of Hull with a Merit in MSc Games Programming and graduated from Liverpool Hope University with a First-Class Honours in Computing.
I have an interest in both the technical and creative aspects of game development, and regularly participate in game jams.
My main passions are gameplay programming, artificial intelligence, and computer graphics.
March 2017 to present Unity Developer New Moon Studios
- Research and develop prototypes for existing and new technologies e.g. Oculus, Vive, Daydream, HoloLens, and Unreal Engine
- Design and implement gameplay mechanics
- Write reusable, high performant code optimised for VR applications and games
- Work on technically demanding aspects of projects: artificial intelligence, and networking
Languages: C++ (2 years), C# (1 year)
- Procedural/non-procedural spawning systems,
- Procedural track generation with splines
- 2D/3D rigid body physics engine
- Ray intersection
- SAT collision detection
- Shader based ray marching ray tracer, implicit modelling
- Real-time 3D graphics
Artificial Intelligence Programming:
- Believable AI
- Goal-orientated action planning,
- Finite state machines
- A* algorithm
Development Tools: Visual Studio, Git, Windows 10, Mac OS
Experience with: Lua, Unreal Engine, OpenGL 3.5+, DirectX 11, GLSL/HLSL, and Adobe Illustrator.
2018-2020: Unity Certified Programmer
2015-2017: MSc Games Programming with Merit, University of Hull
2011-2014: BSc Computing with First-Class Honours, Liverpool Hope University